more like a messy and vague explanation of how to make something like this:
1. Choose your photo. Though any photo will do, but it will be best if the subject/person is wearing black or dark colors to show the nebula. Having a white/light background also helps. I’m using this one.
2. Crop it and put whatever psd you want. I’m using a self-modified one by parfaitpsds.
3. Now add a light-medium gray and white layer. (Follow the pictures below to be clearer since I obviously suck at this)
*** The color on the left is #676560 and the one on the right is #F7F7F7. You can play with these around but IMO it’s better if the gray doesn’t get too dark.
The result should look something like this:
4. Look for your nebula. Just type in “nebula” in Google Images and pick whatever you want. I’m using this.
5. Drag it to your file and change it’s blending mode to LIGHTEN.
6. Move the nebula around until you’re satisfied and TAA-DAA you’re finished. :)
*** I sharpened the background layer to make the image clearer.
Hope this helps! :)